- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup bread or cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 pound ground, lean beef
- 1 pound ground sausage, spicy
- 1/2 teaspoon each: salt, pepper, chili powder, garlic
- 1-1/2 cups ketchup
- 1/3 cups Brown sugar
- 4 Tbsp each: soy sauce, vinegar
- Mix meats with crumbs, onion, and seasonings. For large meatballs, use 1/4 cup measures to form meatballs and bake at 400° for 45 minutes. For smaller meatballs, use small cookie scoop or rounded teaspoon to form meatballs and bake 25 minutes.
- In medium size pot (6 qt), mix ketchup, sugar, vinegar, and soy sauce over medium. When bubbly, turn heart to low simmer and summer, stirring occasionally for 20 minutes.
- When meatballs are done, move to pot of sauce. Stir gently to coat balls with sauce.
- Serve hot alone or over pasta or rice.
Use a rolling pin to crush any leftover/broken crackers or chips and store in sealed bag or container. These crumbs are useable in any recipe calling for bread or cracker crumbs, including ‘Panko Bread Crumbs’.
The sauce can also be used as a tangy bar-b-q sauce on other dishes.