|Total time: 55 min|
|Prep time: 15 min|
|6 ozs grain (long, wild rice blend)|
|1/2 cup onion (chopped)|
|1/2 cup celery (cut into pieces)|
|10 ozs broccoli (frozen chopped)|
|2 tbsps butter|
|1/2 cup blended, grated cheeses|
|10-3/4 ozs cream of mushroom soup|
|1/4 cup slivered almonds|
|1/2 cup sour cream|
|1/3 cup white wine or worcestershire *|
|2 cups chicken (cooked, chopped) *|
|1) Cook rice mix.|
|2) Cook onion and celery in butter until tender.|
|3) Stir in soup, sour cream, and wine.|
|4) Stir in chicken and cooked rice.|
|5) Turn into casserole or baking dish.|
|6) Bake uncovered in 350 degree oven for 35-40 minutes.|
|* Optional ingredient|
Preheat oven to 400 F.
1 can ranch beans
1 can pork & beans
1 can Lima beans
1 can red beans (or black beans)
2 ribs celery, chopped
6 oz bacon
1/2 lb hamburger
1/2 lb smoked sausage, sliced
1/2 cup brown sugar
3 T mustard
1/2 cup catchup
1 T Worcestershire
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- Cut bacon into 1″ sections.
- Break apart in skillet while browning until crisp.
- Remove to paper towel to drain.
- Brown hamburger in same skillet and spoon beef into large casserole dish.
- Chop onion and saute in leftover hamburger grease with sliced smoked sausage.
- Spoon browned sausage and onion into casserole dish.
- Add cooked bacon to casserole.
- Open all bean cans and pour contents into casserole dish, including juices.
- Add remaining ingredients; Mix well.
- Bake at 400* for 35-40 minutes.