This is a Tanzanian Dish. Liver is a tricky one to cook, but this braised liver recipe is simple and really delicious!
4 3oz Liver steaks
1 Tbsp butter
¼ Cup onions, diced
½ Tsp garlic, minced
½ Cup sun-dried tomatoes, minced
1 Tsp paprika
1 Tsp Italian Seasoning
Salt & pepper to taste (optional)
1. Rinse liver steaks well in cold running water and then blot dry with a paper towel. Cut into 1 inch cubes.
2. On medium heat, melt butter on a pan for one minute. Add liver cubes and cook stirring for about 1 minute and then remove them from the pan and set aside.
3. Add tomatoes and diced onions and cook until soft.
4. Pour in a couple tablespoons of water and then add in garlic, paprika, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Cook for 2 minutes or until sauce thickens.
5. Remove from pan and serve immediately over a mold of saffron rice or steamed grains of your choice.