6 medium potatoes
6 slice bacon
3/4 c chopped onions
2 Tbsp flour
1 1/2 Tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp celery seeds
dash of pepper
1/3 c vinegar
2/3 c water
- Boil potatoes in their jackets. Peel and slice thinly.
- Fry bacon slowly and drain. Saute the onions in the bacon grease until golden brown.
- Blend in the flour, sugar, salt, celery seeds and pepper; cook over low heat, stirring until smooth and bubbly. Remove from heat.
- Stir in vinegar and water and bring to a boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in potatoes and crumbled bacon.
- Remove from heat and cover until served.