Purchase or bake a bundt pan Angel Food or Pound Cake and cut into 3 layers. Spread Lime Curd filling between layers and garnish with Whipped Cream.
LIME CURD FILLING
1-1/2 cups sugar
1/4 pound unsalted butter
4 x-lg eggs
1/8 tspn salt
Allow all ingredients to come to room temperature before using
- Remove zest of 4 limes with a zester, being careful to avoid the white pith.
- Squeeze the limes to make 1/2 cup of juice and set the juice aside.
- Put the zest in a food processor fitted with a steel blade.
- Add the sugar and process for 2-3 minutes, until the zest is very finely minced.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream the butter with the sugar and lime zest.
- Add eggs – ONE AT A TIME, then add the lime juice and salt. Mix until combined.
- Pour the mixture into a 2-quart saucepan and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until thickened, about 10 minutes.
- The lime curd will thicken at about 175*F (just below a simmmer.)
Remove from heat.