The first time I tried this, I only picked a handful. When I finished eating them, I went back outside and picked two handfuls! Yummy delicious!
Please be sure the area has not been sprayed with pesticides, before you pick Dandelion heads.
- Gather Dandelion heads while the sun is shining and bloom open.
- Mix together 1/2 cup of milk with 1/2 cup flour.
- Heat Crisco in a skillet over medium heat.
- Take one of the flowers and hold it by the greens at the base of the flower petals. Dip the petals into the batter and twirl until the flower is covered.
- Drop it into the skillet, flower side down. Continue dipping and dropping flowers, checking the first ones every once in a while to see if they are brown. When they’re lightly browned, flip them over and brown them on the other side.
- When they’re brown on both sides remove them from the skillet and drain the excess oil on paper towel.
- Salt as needed.